Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Albero Delle Fiabe by AAN (It's a tree)

Years ago my brother somehow acquired an old piece of embroidery that my grandmother stitched and hung it with pride in his house. He sweetly refers to it as a family heirloom. I decided that a new stitched piece would make a great Christmas gift ~ a "new" family heirloom.

I choose to stitch Albero Delle Fiabe by Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks.


While I don't love the monochromatic model, I do love the shape and flow of the tree. When I give it to my brother I'm going to call it a Family Tree Heirloom. I think he might get a kick out of that.

I'm stitching it on 18ct ivory Davosa evenweave and it's stitched with hand-dyed silk. I've never worked with silk before, but I am LOVING it. So soft, so supple and the delicate variation in colour is awesome. I've customized the colour scheme and given the piece a more natural look:


So far it's been a fun and easy stitch. I'm so excited about finishing this and seeing my brother's reaction. Actually, I like this design so much I might just have to stitch it again for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I love the color scheme that you customized than the original design! :D Great work! :D

    ReplyDelete