Sunday, November 21, 2010

Too many finishes means a lost stitcher

It's been a while since my last update. The tree has gone and come back from the framer's (I forgot to take a picture before I took it down to my parent's place, so a final picture will be forthcoming in early January) and it looks stunning!! I am in love with it and it will likely kill me to give it away. The butterflies are still at the framer's and a picture will be up as soon as I get it back.

Now that my two bigger projects with deadlines are done, I'm feeling a little lost. I spent a good week not really knowing what to stitch. I knew I needed to stitch a few Christmas cards but I wasn't that motivated. I did want to start a new big project, but wouldn't allow myself since I had so many little things to do. I have two stitch-a-longs to work on, plus a slew of Christmas ornaments and cards.

Just this past week I got my stitchy bug back, and I finally made a little progress. I managed to finish the stitching for three Christmas cards. The awesome sparkly fabric doesn't show on the snowflake and the smaller Christmas tree. :(


My LNS is hosting two stitch-a-longs this winter, one is a blackwork piece (pics to come in a future post) and the other is a specialty Ink Circles mandala. I chose my own colourway for it and am stitching it in Vikki Clayton silks on 25 ct antique white lugana. It's a long way from being finished, but I'm really liking how it's shaping up.


No comments:

Post a Comment