Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Lied ...

There are only 211 beads on Jasmine Pixie, not 300. But they are all on now ... she's finished!!! (Though she still needs a wash and a press.)


It's amazing what a little insomnia can do. :)

I love the beading on the flowers on her dress, but the wings and a few of the longer trails are perhaps a bit too densely beaded for my liking. I'd guess that's partly a function of shrinking her down to 22ct over 1 and using all petite beads. If I ever did another pixie/fairy/mermaid of this type, then I wouldn't shrink the piece, I'd just suck it up and stitch over 2. It's unlikely that I'll do another like this anytime soon though.

Thankfully I do still like her enough to get her framed and hung up -- but not till the fall when I've recovered from my traveling spree this summer.

3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I need to be insomniac to finish all my WIPs :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous!
    The beads (however many :P) really make her. Such a lovely job, well done!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete