I started this piece more than a month ago (on Mother's Day), but hadn't been able to put too much time into it because of my trip out East and my desire to finish my mandala. Once all of that was out of the way, I spent a solid week focusing on it. I'm now ready to reveal my progress to date:
It's not too interesting yet, as I'm still working on the blue background, but I can see/feel the brushstrokes beginning to take shape. I think the colours will make more sense once there's more to see. They look a little disjointed, but it's hard to see how they fit when they are only a few inches away from your face as you stitch. I have faith in the charting.