Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 UCJC - Day 16

I started this piece just after midnight, and I was so not into it. I did a little more stitching this afternoon and it got a little better. For some reason, this piece (even though I love the design) was not fun to stitch. Perhaps it's the super stiff aida that turned me off. Maybe it's because I was stitching with 4 stands of floss, so I had to change from my usual DMC size 28 needle to a size 26 gold John James needle. Every time I pulled the needle through the aida it squeaked. *cringe* It was like nails on a chalkboard.

Anyway, today's stitchy project was Woodland Enchantress by Dimensions Gold Collection. It's stitched on 16 ct dove gray aida. Not a whole lot of progress. :(


4 comments:

  1. Hi Adrienne
    Have you tried 'Thread Heaven' for your floss. It will help your thread slip through your fabby really well without the sound effects (gritting my teeth here too). You could also try just plain ol' beez-wax too, (the old fashioned alternative and a bit cheaper)
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea ... my thread goes through fine, it's just the needle that squeaks. I don't think Thread Heaven will help with that. LOL

      Delete
  2. That looks pretty so far! I have never stitched with 4 strands of floss.

    ReplyDelete