Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 UCJC - Day 8

I have to give a big shout-out to my LNS - Thread & Eye. Kathy and Neale are just the nicest, sweetest people ever!

Today's project is Metamorphasis by Ink Circles. I ordered the chart near the end of November, but it didn't arrive at my LNS till after I had left town and headed to my parents' place for the holidays. I'd already made arrangements with Kathy & Neale to kit up the chart for me so it would be ready to go when I picked it up at the beginning of January. Lo and behold, I get an email just before Christmas from them ... they had everything ready for me, but they had some hand-dyed fabric that would look lovely and would I like to see it before they cut the white lugana I had original planned on using? (Twist my rubber arm!) So they waited for me to pop by in January and they showed me the most perfect fabric! It's a gorgeous buttery beige and the threads looked stunning when I did the floss toss.

So, I am now stitching Metamorphasis on 32 ct Heritage lugana, 2 over 2, using the recommended GAST threads. I'm loving it!


I made decent progress today too. I will be getting back to this one sooner rather than later. :)

4 comments:

  1. Even though you are only spending one day on each new start you are making a lot of progress and how neat are those crosses! The Lugana for this one is lovely, a very soft colour - I am looking forward to seeing more progress on all your new starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it lovely when we're enabled like that? It's just great!! I'm glad you found the perfect fabby and thread for your project. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete