Friday, January 11, 2013

Ombre beginnings

I have been insanely busy with school and teaching lately, so trying to work on a HAED or on DQ for 20 minutes when I'm dead tired is not a good idea. I need a chunk of time to get into the more challenging charts. Instead, I've continued on with my mini Metamorphosis (Ink Circles).


Just started the third motif and I am loving the blues (my fav colour). I'm going to hate parting with this one I think. Stitching over one makes this piece pretty tiny, only 1 5/8" high. My stork scissors are almost twice as big!

Last time I stitched this I used overdyed threads, so had to be careful with colour varigation and stitching each stitch entirely before moving on. This time I'm using ordinary DMC thread, and it is brainless and relaxing. I love it. It's so easy to pick it up and stitch for 10 minutes in the morning before school or for an hour late at night when my brain has switched off. There is something incredibly satisfying about quick, easy stitching. Yay progress!

8 comments:

  1. I love the shades of blue you've chosen. Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beatuiful.
    Have a nice weekend, Manuela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty piece Adrienne. Love the shades of blue.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous Adrienne!! Love those blues :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! Nice relaxing stitching when you don't have to think too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking gorgeous! The blues are so pretty, as is the design. :)

    ReplyDelete