Monday, March 17, 2014

MMSC - Week 11

Last week was a very bad week on several fronts. So what did I do? I submersed myself in EPP. At least that was under my control and (compared to my schoolwork) I could see tangible progress. My energy only lasted a few days though, before work and apathy overtook me. By Friday I was a grumpy, irritable mess who couldn't sit still and focus long enough to work on anything crafty.

But my friends unwittingly came to my rescue! A crafty get together was planned for Friday night, a friend offered to drive, and I couldn't really get out of going. So I went. It was the exact thing I needed. I stitched, I ooh'd and aah'd over other people's work, and I laughed. Such a balm to an unhappy soul! This of course revitalized my stitchy bug and I spent much of my free time on the weekend stitching.

Ok, enough of my rambling, it's photo time! I sewed together 3 more of the big diamonds, so my big star is only 2 pieces now, and will hopefully come together this week.


I also did some basting … 18 diamonds and 5 hexies.


A plan is beginning to take shape in my mind for my big star blanket. I'm thinking of a 4 quadrant background in light and medium beige, with two big stars and a few little stars appliquéd randomly all over it. I haven't decided about a border or backing fabric yet. I think I need to learn how to use a sewing machine for that, and that won't happen any time soon. However, I have also started playing with layouts for the second big star:


Can you picture the white inner star? What do you think?

As usual, I've linked up to the Monday Morning Star Count at Life Under Quilts and the Hexie Weekend at A Quilting Reader's Garden.

7 comments:

  1. I love your big star and I am really excited to see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white inner star will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness for great friends! Wonderful progress and I really like the white inner star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your fabrics and the star looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love friends that drag you out and give you just what you need in order to continue on?! Awesome!!! Your star is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see that white star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your star. Can't wait to see where those hexies go. Thanks for linking your eye candy to Hexie Weekend.

    ReplyDelete