Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Plan for 2015 - The Year of 3s

2014 was a disappointing crafting year.

I gave up papercrafting and donated all of my supplies to a friend's mother and her crafting cronies.

I did a little bit of English paper piecing, but no major progress and I haven't touched it in 4 months.

I barely cross stitched. I had one finish at the beginning of February and nothing else is even close to being done.

I taught myself to knit in March and got terribly, horribly, irrevocably addicted. :)  My stash went from 0 to 60 in less than 9 months. I have finished 3 wash cloths, a doggie blanket, a cowl, and 2 hitchhiker shawlettes. Okay -- so this area of my crafting wasn't so disappointing after all.

I tried to get back into SALs and blog events this past year to encourage and motivate progress. It didn't work so well.

I've decided to try a new approach. Since I have a billion and one WIPs and am always itching to have even more starts, I need to find a way to concentrate and have a few finishes. So I proclaim 2015 to be

THE YEAR OF 3s. 

What this means is that I will only have 3 projects on the go in each of my crafty areas (cross stitching, knitting, and English paper piecing). Once I finish a project, then I can add in either a WIP or a new start in that crafty area.

Below are the projects I plan to work on and a pic of where they currently are at progress-wise.


My cross stitch projects for 2015 are:

Elizabeth (Mirabilia)
32 ct Silvery Skies lugana (Enchanting Lair), 2 over 2
DMC thread and Mill Hill beads
Started: Jan 9, 2012
Finished: ?

Stitchin' Pretty Waffles (Pattie Bennett)
18 ct eggshell monocanvas
DMC perle #5 in 311, 472, 3052, and Watercolours by Caron in 244 Olive Grove 
Started: Nov 2014
Finished: ?

Welcome (Kincavel Krosses)
18 ct white aida
Carrie's Creations in Pizzazz (silk) and DMC 3810
Started: Jan 14, 2012
Finished: ?


My knitting projects for 2015 are:

2x2 Ribbed for Pleasure Hat
Cascade Heritage Silk Paints in 9789 (green)
Needles: US size 2.5 (3.00 mm)
Started: September 14, 2014
Finished: ?

Toe-up stockinette sock with afterthought heel (no pattern)
String Theory Colorworks' Continuum (MCN) in Atom
Needles: US size 1 (2.25 mm)
Started: December 27, 2014
Finished: ?

Vortex Shawl
Knit Pick's Stroll Tonal in Summer Blooms
Needles: US size 6 (4.00 mm)
Started: December 12, 2014
Finished: ?


My English paper piecing projects for 2015 are:

Grandma's Garden Throw (variation)
 
Select fabrics from Batik Paradise collection by ConnectingThreads.com and 
random white and white-on-white fabric
Expected blanket size: 63" x 61"
hexie size: 1 1/4"
diamond size: 1 1/4"
triangle size: 1 1/4"
Started: June 14, 2013
Restarted: June 1, 2014
Finished: ?

6-point Stars Blanket
Fusions Mist by Robert Kaufman in Pear, Forest, Sable, & Ivory
Expected star size: 24" x 24"
Expected blanket size: 5' x 5'
 diamond size: 2"
Started: July 29, 2013
Finished: ?

Arrowtail Quilt
Indigo Patchwork collection by ConnectingThreads.com
Expected blanket size: 72" x 78"
45 degree diamond size: 4"
Started: (still cutting fabric)
Finished: ?

I'm planning to do a monthly review of Yo3 progress every month on the 20th. If you want to join in, let me know and I'll add a linky thingy on those posts, if not, I'll do it on my own.

I think a narrower focus will allow me to make more significant progress. Honestly though -- I freaking love my crafty time in whatever shape, size, or amount it comes in. Here's to a great crafty year in 2015!!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you don't feel that 2014 was great as far as crafting went. Here's to a more successful 2015.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful progress on all of these projects. Good luck with your goals.

    Happy New Year
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your plans, looking forward to seeing your finishes

    ReplyDelete